Slumber Parties
Though running a little longer than usual, RFL Kick-off was a fun night and as always, full of little reminders of why I relay. There were a few stories shared by cancer survivors and/or caregivers (particularly a daughter of one cancer survivor) which really just touched my heart. To hear how the disease has affected them, affected their families, their passion towards RFL, and especially how many work to find even a blessing or two to be thankful from it all just constantly amazes me. Those who have battled cancer are some of my greatest heroes, and often probably some of the most amazing people you could ever hope to meet and know. I am particularly grateful for those in my life, and I know Relay is only a very microscopic glimpse into what they go through.
Ryan and I didn't get home til late then, so I think I kept him up a little longer talking than he probably would've liked. He says it is kind of like a slumber party on those nights when we haven't really seen or been able to talk to each other much at night, as even after we've gone to bed, I can't stop talking to him. But he is always good about continuing to respond to me until one of us eventually dozes off. Which doesn't seem to take much lately -- the blanket tug-of-wars have started back up a bit and neither one of us are getting completely full nights of sleep. We talked to this sweet older couple from our committe last night and they told us that even after all their years of marriage, they still have "blanket issues"...in their case, the husband always gets hot and throws his half of the blanket completely on top of his wife. I may just need to get my own blanket!
Ryan and I didn't get home til late then, so I think I kept him up a little longer talking than he probably would've liked. He says it is kind of like a slumber party on those nights when we haven't really seen or been able to talk to each other much at night, as even after we've gone to bed, I can't stop talking to him. But he is always good about continuing to respond to me until one of us eventually dozes off. Which doesn't seem to take much lately -- the blanket tug-of-wars have started back up a bit and neither one of us are getting completely full nights of sleep. We talked to this sweet older couple from our committe last night and they told us that even after all their years of marriage, they still have "blanket issues"...in their case, the husband always gets hot and throws his half of the blanket completely on top of his wife. I may just need to get my own blanket!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home