Cooperina's Spot

January 16, 2006

Two Pairs of Coveralls, Please

The heater in Ryan's car was acting up terribly tonight and wanting to shoot out just lots of cold air instead of the warm air that we so desired (this is Nebraska after all, though must admit actually uncharacteristically warm for January...I pray it lasts through to Spring!). I made the suggestion for picking up some coveralls to wear in the car in order to keep warm...this was in relation to a cool memory from my early teenage/pre-teen years that I share with my Dad and twin sis. The heat had went out in my Dad's truck and not being able to get it fixed yet, Jen and I bundled up in Dad's coveralls from work. I am sure Dad wasn't thinking too fondly of the non-working heater at that time, but now it makes for kind of a cool memory.

How crazy is it that ones like that tend to really score high on your top memories list...it's right up there with the eating the scraps from the KFC drive-thru lunch (we picked those drumsticks clean!) to survive our hunger pangs on the 45-50 minute trip home from the mall. We had used all our extra cash (or more correctly, Dad's cash) on Christmas shopping so had to wait til we got to my grandparents before eating any dinner, and looking back, I think wow, we must've really been hungry.

Ok, enough time spent walking down my crazy memories lane for the night (though I have a surplus of them -- Mom, remember our unique neighbor Bernice?), I need to go to sleep and soon. We picked up our newly married friends Matt & Sarah late last night at the airport, so I am a little behind on my sleep now (but they are definitely more than worth it!) which tends to make me act a little goofier than normal. At least it makes Ryan laugh...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home