Cooperina's Spot

January 18, 2006

Would You Want an Uncle Buck?

It is barely mid-week and I am already ready for the weekend. It is not that it is a bad week of work or anything, but more that the thought of sleeping in on Saturday morning is so much more desirable. We were a bit tired last night so just had a relaxing night of watching a movie, Uncle Buck. Yes, another old one but a very good one. I hadn't seen it (at least not fully) for probably quite a few years and had forgotten what a good and funny movie it is. I remarked to Ryan that they just don't hardly make movies anymore like they used to.

We are planning a trip to our local AMC movie theater soon though -- I have a gift card plus there is actually a movie coming out this weekend that both of us want to see. It is called End of the Spear and is actually a true story (I have been wanting to pick up a related book, "Through Gates of Splendor"). It looks like it should be a very good movie, though also a tough/sad one to watch. I will make sure to give you all a quick review after seeing, but in the meantime, I also recommend The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe (the first movie of the Narnia Chronicles) or I heard from Jen that Fun with Dick & Jane is also good (I haven't actually seen yet, is it even still in theaters?). Whatever movie you go see, just make sure to pick up the big tub of buttered popcorn...even if the movie isn't that good, you will still be happy munching away on your popcorn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home