I Love Mornings
Even though I have to get up much earlier than I really prefer (again, why I also love Saturdays), I love my mornings during the week. I get up extra early so I have time to just hang out in my extra-large arm chair, do some devotional/Bible reading, check a little e-mail (it is nice to have a pre-warning of any storms that might be awaiting me at work), maybe blog a bit like I am doing now, listen to my favorite worship music, and just spend some time in quiet listening of what God has to tell me that day. It has definitely proven to be a great way for me to start my day...though will admit that it is still sometimes hard for me some mornings not to be tempted to hit that snooze button a time or two.
Yesterday morning was especially hard, Mondays usually are. I also had to grab a Pepsi yesterday morning to get my day started (and keep me going) at work -- it was a bit of a tiring day in itself, one of those days where I wished I worked at Blockbuster or somewhere where I think less brainwork is required (I could be quite wrong about Blockbuster though). But I came home to Ryan's chicken enchiladas -- his recipes uses a green chili enchilada sauce which is absolutely delicious -- and a fun night just hanging out. I was also able to get a little frustration from the day out by having a nerf gun war with my husband around the apartment. We picked up these cool nerf guns with "laser" sights from Target with some of our gift card money a couple of months ago (I think we were possibly in the toy aisle shopping for one of our nephews/nieces)...yes, we are dorks. But we definitely enjoy each other very much.
Yesterday morning was especially hard, Mondays usually are. I also had to grab a Pepsi yesterday morning to get my day started (and keep me going) at work -- it was a bit of a tiring day in itself, one of those days where I wished I worked at Blockbuster or somewhere where I think less brainwork is required (I could be quite wrong about Blockbuster though). But I came home to Ryan's chicken enchiladas -- his recipes uses a green chili enchilada sauce which is absolutely delicious -- and a fun night just hanging out. I was also able to get a little frustration from the day out by having a nerf gun war with my husband around the apartment. We picked up these cool nerf guns with "laser" sights from Target with some of our gift card money a couple of months ago (I think we were possibly in the toy aisle shopping for one of our nephews/nieces)...yes, we are dorks. But we definitely enjoy each other very much.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home