Registry (my 2nd job)
For those of you who have been wondering / asking, yes, we are working on putting together a baby registry. Actually it is mostly me with Ryan providing his input here & there...he jokes that it is now my 2nd job. In the last couple days, I discovered a site called myregistry.com so have been working on building the registry there. What I like about it is that it allows people to purchase the item at any store (or even secondhand stores, garage sales, your own home) and then still be able to mark it off of the registry.
It requires a little more work on my part (have to enter as an "offline purchase" as their sponsored store sites can be much more expensive & difficult to bypass otherwise), but hoping the flexibility will help those who will be shopping for us. It only doesn't work well for those who do not internet access (mostly our grandparents), but a hardcopy list can be printed off for them if they want to purchase something from it...and then they can let us or someone w/ internet know what they bought, so it can be marked off.
I am hoping to finish it up by the end of this weekend, but if you want to take a peek (particularly those who are interested in how it works, or will be creating their own pretty soon here...I can't believe how many other expectant mothers I know right now...God is good!), the guest password is "maisie". The password is recommended to keep strangers/mean people from going onto your registry and messing with it.
It requires a little more work on my part (have to enter as an "offline purchase" as their sponsored store sites can be much more expensive & difficult to bypass otherwise), but hoping the flexibility will help those who will be shopping for us. It only doesn't work well for those who do not internet access (mostly our grandparents), but a hardcopy list can be printed off for them if they want to purchase something from it...and then they can let us or someone w/ internet know what they bought, so it can be marked off.
I am hoping to finish it up by the end of this weekend, but if you want to take a peek (particularly those who are interested in how it works, or will be creating their own pretty soon here...I can't believe how many other expectant mothers I know right now...God is good!), the guest password is "maisie". The password is recommended to keep strangers/mean people from going onto your registry and messing with it.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home