Cooperina's Spot

April 23, 2008

Changes

Well, it was a bit of a sad day yesterday...so far, there have been 10 people that I know/work with whom have been let go. There is still another team or two that I haven't heard the cuts for, so may learn of a few more today. It was kind of a weird day, full of both relief (mostly from those who learned that they would still be a part of the organization moving forward) and then also sadness from those who learned their job and time with the company was ending.

Just hoping and praying for those, who would like to stay in Omaha (though some choices are limited for this field here) and are the primary income source for their family, that they can find something comparable in the coming months. And hope they know that they will be missed...

But there are lot of changes ahead in the structure and roles, some which I think will possibly be very good in the long run...but definitely going to involve some transition time for many. And with only a few months left before Maisie arrives, it will be interesting to see how much, if any, my role and responsibilities change (I am thinking it will most likely be my replacement who ends up most impacted).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home