Cooperina's Spot

April 12, 2007

Quilting Blocks

Though I probably should have been taking care of a few prep things for Saturday's sock party, I instead had a little fun time with my quilt. And when you see the picture (though think they look a little cuter in person), you will understand why it is hard to not have fun with this project. It definitely has a bit of a "child-like" nature, good thing it is going to my lady-bug loving sister Jen.















I finished up all of my blocks, which is a great and satisfying accomplishment. I have learned a lot while making it, and looking closely at my blocks, can probably see that. For my next quilt someday (want to finish this one and learn knitting next before starting another quilting project), I think I will choose a non-applique pattern though. I enjoyed this one, but also looking forward to doing a piece together pattern block.
Now, I am getting started on my lattice work which will connect each of the squares together.

Finished up the needed templates tonight, so tomorrow morning, I will probably start tracing onto fabric and cutting out...yeah, still have a long way to go, it seems. But I keep in mind one of my favorite mottos: it is all in the journey, not the results. Amen.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home