Love Languages
Running a little low on battery tonight so will try to keep short & sweet. In the book that Ryan & I are currently reading through together (replacing our couples devotions book that we had finished), tonight's section was beginning to cover the different love languages people have.
Most of you probably already are familiar with these (there is also a whole book on these), but there are basically 5 different ways that a person best receives or feels love: touch, words (of affirmation, love), acts of service, gifts, and time. We're not very far in the chapter just yet (only read a section a night), but was already starting to try & figure out Ryan's primary love language(s) and also mine. And see if those match up with my earlier thoughts & assumptions when we first got married (learning about the love languages was also part of our pre-marital classes).
My current thoughts on Ryan is that his are words and touch (and he often likes to show love through acts of service)...and I think mine are touch and time, though I have to admit that I also love receiving random little gifts here & there. But perhaps that is more related to time, knowing the time and thought that a person put into picking and giving me the gift.
How many love languages am I allowed? I kind of like all 5...
Most of you probably already are familiar with these (there is also a whole book on these), but there are basically 5 different ways that a person best receives or feels love: touch, words (of affirmation, love), acts of service, gifts, and time. We're not very far in the chapter just yet (only read a section a night), but was already starting to try & figure out Ryan's primary love language(s) and also mine. And see if those match up with my earlier thoughts & assumptions when we first got married (learning about the love languages was also part of our pre-marital classes).
My current thoughts on Ryan is that his are words and touch (and he often likes to show love through acts of service)...and I think mine are touch and time, though I have to admit that I also love receiving random little gifts here & there. But perhaps that is more related to time, knowing the time and thought that a person put into picking and giving me the gift.
How many love languages am I allowed? I kind of like all 5...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home