Cooperina's Spot

April 09, 2007

Easter Weekend

We very wonderfully enjoyed a quite relaxing Easter weekend at home -- after Friday night, our cars never left the parking pad. Though definitely would've also enjoyed seeing some family, of course, it was nice to have that time together just the two of us. In the coming years, especially as we start our own little family, that won't be as easy to accomplish.

It was a definite blessing from our Lord...the impact and importance of the weekend also seemed to hit me even more greatly this year. Wow, what a time this was for Him so many, many years ago; and what a sacrifice was made for us, to save us (I wish all knew and understood the importance of that moment, and what it means for your life and path now)...and is one that we could never earn (I know I don't even come close most days), but can receive freely because of His amazing grace, mercy, and love. It is a weekend for much celebration!

But on a bit of a lighter side, I did also have kind of a goofy thought pop in my head yesterday. Ryan would probably interject now that I tend to have lots of goofy thoughts in a day (which I really do), but I will be kind and only give you a small peek into the "goofyness" that is me. As I was thinking upon the meaning of this weekend, the thought popped into my head about what God must think about the Easter bunny. And I envisioned Him looking down and wondering "how in the world did they go from Resurrection & Redemption to bunnies, jelly beans, and multi-colored eggs?"

Don't worry, I've got nothing against the Easter bunny (always enjoyed him greatly when I was a child...particularly when he was made of chocolate), but am curious now about where and how he originated. Also, per Ryan's adult-ESL class tonight (largely hispanic immigrants), it seems they are also a little confused about where that big bunny came from...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home