Cooperina's Spot

February 23, 2007

Counting Sheep

I am pretty good about talking in my sleep (you know those moments where you’re half asleep / half awake), and often ended up doing or saying some fairly goofy things. Ryan got to enjoy one of those moments the other night. Right before I fell asleep that night, I knew that he was having trouble falling asleep so I think it must have stayed with me, in my subconscious or something. Not wanting to wake me with his “tossing & turning”, he got up and went to our spare bedroom to watch a movie. It’s always the same movie, Star Wars Episode 1, and has a fairly high success rate of helping him fall to sleep.

He did end up falling asleep during the movie, but waking up a bit later, decided to come back to bed and sleep the remainder of the night there. I partly woke up as he crawled into bed, though in my mind thought I was dreaming it all. I asked him what was wrong or something to that effect, and Ryan answered that he was having a little trouble sleeping. And being the very supportive wife in my dream state, I asked him (quite seriously) if he wanted me to count sheep for him.

To which he, of course, replied no…and probably was thinking “gee hon, thanks for the caring support” or perhaps “gee, I do have a goofy wife.” And in my dream (but fortunately not in reality as I found out when asking Ryan if this conversation really happened), I then responded by saying “But I can count to 100”. And this would be one of the reasons why my husband says it is never a dull moment being married to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home