Another WM Cashier Story
Before I forget, we ended up experiencing another goofy Wal-Mart Cashier moment tonight. As a former WM cashier, I must interject first that not all of them/us are like some of the ones in my stories.
As usual, we had a few coupons that we were cashing in tonight; 4 to be exact, and really good ones, each for a $1 off. To save time waiting in line, we had decided to go through one of the self check-out lanes. Ryan finished scanning the groceries (I was the bagger tonight), and then proceeded to scan our coupons. The first few processed correctly but then there was an error on the final coupon, and it said that cashier assistance was needed.
The guy (and I should probably say a quite young guy) supervising the self check-out area walked over to us. I handed him the coupon in question, and he briefly scanned the coupon, and then began to punch in a couple pass-codes onto the screen. After manually punching the $1.00 off into the system, he then grabbed the other coupons in my hand and began to manually enter their amounts in as well.
I immediately tried to stop him and told him that those had already been entered. His response? Aah, it doesn’t matter and continued punching in…so our $4 in coupons ended up being a little more valuable tonight and saved us $6 total instead.
Moral of the Story: Shop with coupons; your savings can be greater than you would ever expect…or simply, just fully enjoy your Wal-Mart Cashier (it is a hard job); often times a really good/fun conversation, sometimes an extra 4 cents when they’re not in the mood to count out change, sometimes an extra $2 on your coupon savings, and who knows what could be next?
As usual, we had a few coupons that we were cashing in tonight; 4 to be exact, and really good ones, each for a $1 off. To save time waiting in line, we had decided to go through one of the self check-out lanes. Ryan finished scanning the groceries (I was the bagger tonight), and then proceeded to scan our coupons. The first few processed correctly but then there was an error on the final coupon, and it said that cashier assistance was needed.
The guy (and I should probably say a quite young guy) supervising the self check-out area walked over to us. I handed him the coupon in question, and he briefly scanned the coupon, and then began to punch in a couple pass-codes onto the screen. After manually punching the $1.00 off into the system, he then grabbed the other coupons in my hand and began to manually enter their amounts in as well.
I immediately tried to stop him and told him that those had already been entered. His response? Aah, it doesn’t matter and continued punching in…so our $4 in coupons ended up being a little more valuable tonight and saved us $6 total instead.
Moral of the Story: Shop with coupons; your savings can be greater than you would ever expect…or simply, just fully enjoy your Wal-Mart Cashier (it is a hard job); often times a really good/fun conversation, sometimes an extra 4 cents when they’re not in the mood to count out change, sometimes an extra $2 on your coupon savings, and who knows what could be next?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home