VOD, 1 Tim. 1:12
Do you ever feel like you’re not the person that you’re supposed to be or maybe just not the person that everyone around you seems to want you to be? Feel like you annoy more than you bless…like you disappoint more than you give pleasure…like you make mistakes more than you learn & apply…like you confuse or frustrate more than you inspire someone…and the list could possibly go on & on if we let it.
I was struggling a small bit with some of those thoughts this evening (funny how those just pop up unexpectedly, particularly with my much higher spirits earlier today; as evidenced by my Digest posting), but then I sat down for my nightly Bible readings. And reading through our Father’s word, I had the revelation about how foolish and potentially destructive those thoughts are.
My amazing Lord specially designed the person that I am and who I am to be (& He doesn’t make mistakes), and that is another one of His promises to me. And His Word needs to be my ultimate guide/compass in fully understanding me, my strengths and my weaknesses, His purposes for me, and just simply how much He loves and enjoys me (and each of you). I have always loved Eric Liddel’s statement “I can feel His pleasure when I run.” (Note: Watch Chariots of Fire if you haven't already...and if you have, feel free to re-rent and watch again!)
If you were to fill in the blank, what would you put? I can feel God’s pleasure when I __________________.
And here is one of the verses that inspired and strengthened me today. Not that I am in ministry, but thankful for where He has placed me.
And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord who has enabled me, because He counted me faithful, putting me into ministry. I Timothy 1:12 (NKJ)
I was struggling a small bit with some of those thoughts this evening (funny how those just pop up unexpectedly, particularly with my much higher spirits earlier today; as evidenced by my Digest posting), but then I sat down for my nightly Bible readings. And reading through our Father’s word, I had the revelation about how foolish and potentially destructive those thoughts are.
My amazing Lord specially designed the person that I am and who I am to be (& He doesn’t make mistakes), and that is another one of His promises to me. And His Word needs to be my ultimate guide/compass in fully understanding me, my strengths and my weaknesses, His purposes for me, and just simply how much He loves and enjoys me (and each of you). I have always loved Eric Liddel’s statement “I can feel His pleasure when I run.” (Note: Watch Chariots of Fire if you haven't already...and if you have, feel free to re-rent and watch again!)
If you were to fill in the blank, what would you put? I can feel God’s pleasure when I __________________.
And here is one of the verses that inspired and strengthened me today. Not that I am in ministry, but thankful for where He has placed me.
And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord who has enabled me, because He counted me faithful, putting me into ministry. I Timothy 1:12 (NKJ)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home