Winter Weather
The snow has arrived this past weekend in O-town as well as very cold temps, but thankfully not any ice came with it…our family/friends to the west, to the south in Oklahoma & SW Missouri, and to the southeast in STL were not so fortunate. I haven’t talked to everyone yet, but I am hoping no one lost power or at least not for very long.
A good friend in STL unfortunately experienced a very bad 1st time & 1st year homeowner fear, a big tree was overcome by the ice and it fell on her house (her bedroom to be exact, but fortunately the sound of cracking had motivated her to move out of her bedroom very early that morning just before it fell).
And then she also came very close to also having a tree land on her car, but I won’t go into that one; just say as she said that God was definitely watching out for her. Hearing that made me think of the verse where He promises us that He will never give us more than we can handle. Though I know we sometimes might question that while in certain situations, it is often very comforting to know.
Though a Monday, it has actually been a pretty good one. Some things are headed in a new and positive way at work, so that has been a blessing. Plus, it is not nearly as crazy as it had been in December & early January (down to interstate speed vs. NASCAR speed), so that simply in itself is a refreshing change. And I am learning (always learning) to be content with where I am at right now (stop looking to see is ACS or some similar organization has a job opening), and not too focused on what other path may eventually lie ahead in our future…and especially since my sisters are giving me a little bit of baby-itis. :)
A good friend in STL unfortunately experienced a very bad 1st time & 1st year homeowner fear, a big tree was overcome by the ice and it fell on her house (her bedroom to be exact, but fortunately the sound of cracking had motivated her to move out of her bedroom very early that morning just before it fell).
And then she also came very close to also having a tree land on her car, but I won’t go into that one; just say as she said that God was definitely watching out for her. Hearing that made me think of the verse where He promises us that He will never give us more than we can handle. Though I know we sometimes might question that while in certain situations, it is often very comforting to know.
Though a Monday, it has actually been a pretty good one. Some things are headed in a new and positive way at work, so that has been a blessing. Plus, it is not nearly as crazy as it had been in December & early January (down to interstate speed vs. NASCAR speed), so that simply in itself is a refreshing change. And I am learning (always learning) to be content with where I am at right now (stop looking to see is ACS or some similar organization has a job opening), and not too focused on what other path may eventually lie ahead in our future…and especially since my sisters are giving me a little bit of baby-itis. :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home