Men Are Like Dogs?
My friend Sarah (that is, Sarah James or Matt's Sarah vs. my other two Sarah friends...Wedding Planner Sarah and Work Sarah) got me hooked onto a new website about a month or so ago. It is kind of a Christian marriage advice/sharing site, the web address is www.christianitytoday.com/marriage/. I enjoy it probably for two reasons: (1) Because I love to learn...and particularly to learn more about having a strong relationship with my husband and God's purposes in our marriage. and (2) because I love reading about other peoples' lives -- the similarities to mine, the differences, the lessons they have learned, things they have tried, etc.
Though there has been an article here and there that I haven't really agreed with, they are almost always very fun to read plus I tend to get at least a small bit of learning out of each of them (maybe think about something in a new/different way that I haven't even considered before). But in yesterday's reading, while finding some learning, I also found some fun in one statement that the husband made:
For guys, we want to feel competent and needed. We want to feel respected. One friend of mine used to say, "Men are like dogs, they need three things: someone to feed them, play with them, and occasionally say, 'Good boy.'"
Are the women out there thinking like I was yesterday about your significant other and saying, "hmm, that is kind of true." Now of course guys, I will give you a little more depth than that but you have to admit the truth and humor in that statement. But then that also made me wonder, if guys are more like dogs, does that make us women more like cats? Which makes us a bit more complicated for our poor guys...guess it is a good thing Ryan is more of a cat person!
Though there has been an article here and there that I haven't really agreed with, they are almost always very fun to read plus I tend to get at least a small bit of learning out of each of them (maybe think about something in a new/different way that I haven't even considered before). But in yesterday's reading, while finding some learning, I also found some fun in one statement that the husband made:
For guys, we want to feel competent and needed. We want to feel respected. One friend of mine used to say, "Men are like dogs, they need three things: someone to feed them, play with them, and occasionally say, 'Good boy.'"
Are the women out there thinking like I was yesterday about your significant other and saying, "hmm, that is kind of true." Now of course guys, I will give you a little more depth than that but you have to admit the truth and humor in that statement. But then that also made me wonder, if guys are more like dogs, does that make us women more like cats? Which makes us a bit more complicated for our poor guys...guess it is a good thing Ryan is more of a cat person!

1 Comments:
i must admit, i had much the same reaction as you when reading that article. i found myself kind of smirking, shaking my head, and then laughing a bit.
sorry i've been absent lately. sounds like both of us have had a crazy couple of weeks.. hope you start feeling better soon!!
By
sarah beth, At
10:09 AM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home