Cooperina's Spot

August 22, 2006

Afghan Food, Hindi Movie, & School

The weekend started off well and definitely ended well. On Saturday evening, we headed out to have dinner with a new Afgh. family whom Ryan has recently started working with. The family is composed of 2 older parents and their 4 grown children (the 2 sons also have wives), as well as a few grandchildren. It is a cool family, I especially enjoyed the daughters and mom.

After a wonderful afghan-style meal (sitting on the floor, of course...and to my great pleasure, with one of my favorite dishes, kabali palou), we all watched a hindi movie together. If you have never seen one of these, they can be quite fun to watch. About 30 minutes into the movie, I actually realized this one was fairly similar to an American movie that I had seen. Do you remember the movie Powder? The plot line was fairly similar in many ways, though the hindi movie, of course (for those of you who have seen one), added in musical and dance scenes...they always kind of remind me of Disney cartoon movies in that way.

Need to wrap up for now, but did want to share the outcome of one of our new decisions that I was discussing in Saturday's blog. Ryan is going to be starting classes at Grace University this Wednesday morning. He will only be a part-time student but should finish all of his needed classes by next fall. I am quite excited for him...he is as well, though I think a little nervous also as it has been quite a few years since he has been in a classroom as a student.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home