Uh Oh...Not Now!
How do you know when you're about to go on vacation? You start getting a cold! Or at least I almost always seem to. And if I am actually feeling well, then it seems to hit Ryan (remember Thanksgiving) or another family member that we're spending the time with. I am not even sure where I got this one from, don't think I have been around anyone recently with a cold...but could be just my allergies as our weather has gotten cooler this week due to some thunderstorms & rain.
To my dismay, I started feeling the sore, scratchy throat coming on yesterday about mid-day. So as soon as I got home, I found the zy-cam...it is supposed to stop colds in their tracks, or at least shorten them dramatically. It worked the last time quite well, so I am hoping and praying for the same results this week. I so want to be able to enjoy my time with family in Branson, plus don't want to get any of them sick either.
Well, since my head is quite fuzzy, blogging is probably not such a great idea right now (for me or for my poor readers)...so I will just share one of my favorite paragraphs thus far from my "Power of Being a Positive Wife" book, as mentioned in one of my previous blogs.
Yes, a positive wife chooses to put her hope in God. She does not look to her husband or her circumstances to fill her with joy and contentment; she looks to her heavenly Father. It's God's power that allows her to be a wife of love, commitment, encouragement, and respect. It's his work that gives her beauty inside out, helps her live responsibly, and develops a godly spirit within her.
I don't know about any of you all, but that definitely hit home with me!
To my dismay, I started feeling the sore, scratchy throat coming on yesterday about mid-day. So as soon as I got home, I found the zy-cam...it is supposed to stop colds in their tracks, or at least shorten them dramatically. It worked the last time quite well, so I am hoping and praying for the same results this week. I so want to be able to enjoy my time with family in Branson, plus don't want to get any of them sick either.
Well, since my head is quite fuzzy, blogging is probably not such a great idea right now (for me or for my poor readers)...so I will just share one of my favorite paragraphs thus far from my "Power of Being a Positive Wife" book, as mentioned in one of my previous blogs.
Yes, a positive wife chooses to put her hope in God. She does not look to her husband or her circumstances to fill her with joy and contentment; she looks to her heavenly Father. It's God's power that allows her to be a wife of love, commitment, encouragement, and respect. It's his work that gives her beauty inside out, helps her live responsibly, and develops a godly spirit within her.
I don't know about any of you all, but that definitely hit home with me!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home