Movie Recommendations
One and a half more days and it is the weekend again for me. Though not that I have a very exciting Friday afternoon planned -- need to get the oil in my car changed (thick is only good for milk shakes...) and make a quick visit to my eye doctor's office to get my latest pair of trial contacts checked out. But definitely better than sitting at a computer that afternoon, so won't complain too much. Maybe I will make it a little more fun by also stopping by a store to pick up the needed quilting thread for my quilt project. I finally got all of the block pieces cut out, so the project has been on hold until I picked up the thread. This is where it could start to get really hard...but hopefully not discouraging!
Have a couple good movie rental recommendations from this past weekend: The Great Raid and An Unfinished Life. The Great Raid is based on a true story from WWII, a select group of army rangers rescue American POWs who were imprisoned in camps by Japan for more than 3 years. It was and remains the most successful rescus mission by our military forces. Some of the main actors include Benjamin Bratt (I know that will perk Jen's interest), James Franco, and Joseph Fiennes. It was truly a good movie, plus there are some good extras and background info included on the DVD. If you are a history lover, you will especially love this film.
We also really enjoyed An Unfinished Life. But how could you not with both Morgan Freeman and Robert Redford starring? It is a slow-moving drama (but in a good way), so will enjoy a relaxful night of movie watching. Basically Robert Redford's character blames his daughter-in-law (Jennifer Lopez) for the death of his only son, and they haven't seen or spoken to each other since the day of the son's funeral. Many years later, having nowhere else to go, the daughter-in-law ends up having to go to Robert Redford's home for a temporary place to stay...and to his surprise, she has a daughter (and his grand-daughter whom he never knew about) with her. It is a good story of forgiveness as well as continuing to live life even through immeasurable suffering and pain.
That's all for my rental movie recommendations this morning (if you want to hit the theater instead, I hear the new Superman is really good...maybe Ryan and I will have to check it out ourselves this weekend). I know Jen also recommends Little Manhatten as a good/cute movie to rent, so it is on my list to rent soon. Please feel free to also share any recommendations (both older or newer movies) that you might have. I am sure you all unfortunately know the frustration of renting a not so good movie.
Have a couple good movie rental recommendations from this past weekend: The Great Raid and An Unfinished Life. The Great Raid is based on a true story from WWII, a select group of army rangers rescue American POWs who were imprisoned in camps by Japan for more than 3 years. It was and remains the most successful rescus mission by our military forces. Some of the main actors include Benjamin Bratt (I know that will perk Jen's interest), James Franco, and Joseph Fiennes. It was truly a good movie, plus there are some good extras and background info included on the DVD. If you are a history lover, you will especially love this film.
We also really enjoyed An Unfinished Life. But how could you not with both Morgan Freeman and Robert Redford starring? It is a slow-moving drama (but in a good way), so will enjoy a relaxful night of movie watching. Basically Robert Redford's character blames his daughter-in-law (Jennifer Lopez) for the death of his only son, and they haven't seen or spoken to each other since the day of the son's funeral. Many years later, having nowhere else to go, the daughter-in-law ends up having to go to Robert Redford's home for a temporary place to stay...and to his surprise, she has a daughter (and his grand-daughter whom he never knew about) with her. It is a good story of forgiveness as well as continuing to live life even through immeasurable suffering and pain.
That's all for my rental movie recommendations this morning (if you want to hit the theater instead, I hear the new Superman is really good...maybe Ryan and I will have to check it out ourselves this weekend). I know Jen also recommends Little Manhatten as a good/cute movie to rent, so it is on my list to rent soon. Please feel free to also share any recommendations (both older or newer movies) that you might have. I am sure you all unfortunately know the frustration of renting a not so good movie.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home