Another Fun 1/2 Day Friday
I am very happy to say that Friday is here...and have to admit that I have been looking very forward to it for quite a few days now. Having a holiday in the middle of the week was fun but also kind of threw off my mental calendar. Wednesday morning almost felt like another Monday morning, but it was good to come back with only 2.5 days left in the week. I am already realizing that I am going to really miss my summer 1/2 day Fridays when summer ends. They are just a great way to start the weekend and honestly, who really wants to be at work on a nice Friday afternoon? Ryan has the afternoon off as well today, so it will be nice to enjoy some extra time together...I am thinking a bike ride would be great or if the wind is crazy, a nice long walk instead.
I have also had vacation on the brain lately: thinking about our upcoming Branson trip (and hopefully also a side trip to Lambert's), and then also even holidays, Thanksgiving (long 4.5-5 day weekend) & Christmas (a whole week off of work and possibly lots of road tripping fun). Yes, I know...it is a bit too early to be thinking about those, particularly Christmas which is nearly 6 months away. But I always look so forward to them. Though I won't be able to use many vacation days in the meantime to save up, it will definitely be worth it at that time. With everyone spread out in different states, it can often be hard to see/visit as often as you would like. But as my Dad would always say (maybe still does), "it's the quality, not the quantity." Hmm, smart man...
I have also had vacation on the brain lately: thinking about our upcoming Branson trip (and hopefully also a side trip to Lambert's), and then also even holidays, Thanksgiving (long 4.5-5 day weekend) & Christmas (a whole week off of work and possibly lots of road tripping fun). Yes, I know...it is a bit too early to be thinking about those, particularly Christmas which is nearly 6 months away. But I always look so forward to them. Though I won't be able to use many vacation days in the meantime to save up, it will definitely be worth it at that time. With everyone spread out in different states, it can often be hard to see/visit as often as you would like. But as my Dad would always say (maybe still does), "it's the quality, not the quantity." Hmm, smart man...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home