Cooperina's Spot

August 01, 2006

A Morning Thunderstorm

After not feeling so well yesterday (crazy stomach bug), this morning has been such a blessing, particularly earlier this morning when a thunderstorm rolled in. I probably spent about 20 minutes or so lying in bed (half awake/half asleep) listening to the storm. I am not sure what it is, but there is something so relaxing about listening to rain/thunder while lying in bed. That is when you really wish it was a Saturday morning, so that you wouldn't have to get up and ruin the moment. But I definitely enjoyed it while I could.

Last night was also very relaxing with Ryan and I hanging out on the couch and working on our respective "hobbies" (w/ Law & Order, Without a Trace, or some similar show playing in the background of course)...mine is quilting, as most of you know, and Ryan's is his latest Dari program. He never ceases to amaze me with what he can do with a computer. The quilting is coming along pretty well (and is quite relaxing) and I have started the basting of the hems on my applique pattern pieces. Finishing up the bug bodies and then just have all of the wings to do -- once all this basting is complete, then I can start sewing the pieces to the blocks! It is hard to believe how long I have been working on this, but it is nice to just do a little here and there (and not be in a rush to complete...though definitely might be a little tired of lady bugs by the end of this! Hopefully Jen will not be).

1 Comments:

  • i love thunderstorms!! ever since i was a little kid, and my parents told me it was the angels bowling, and the huge thunder rumbles were strikes, thunderstorms bring me comfort. oh, and lightning was them cheering each other on. and the sound of the rain was the ball rolling down the lane.

    i can't wait to see your quilt! i'll ooh and ahh over it, i'm sure.

    By Blogger sarah beth, At 9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home