Finally Bought My Fabric
It has been a busy weekend (but a good one) so I haven't had a chance to blog til now. Though I am so longwinded in most of my blogs, it's probably a good thing to have a day or two in between. Ryan and I are relaxing now on our couch this Sunday afternoon to watch the Daytona 500 -- as most of you know, I am a big Nascar fan (largely thanks to my Dad, who also celebrated a birthday this past Friday; Happy Birthday Dad! Wish I could've been there...and that you could be here now watching the race with us), have almost fully converted Ryan to being a big fan as well, and especially love the beginning of the season. Plus, my all-time favorite race car driver, Bill Elliott, is competing in this race. He is now semi-retired so only races a few races per season. My other favorite, since Elliott retired, is Michael Waltrip so I will have 2 drivers to cheer on today.
Though a busy day, yesterday (Saturday) was a really good day. I left a wake-up call message to my mom (we were making our grocery list and wanted to know her ham & beans recipe), talked to my twin sis while cleaning (beginning to really love my husband's wireless headset), and then also got to talk to my Dad...so definitely a good start to my day. And then we spent much of the remainder of the day with Ryan's parents, his sister and her husband, and nephews.
Besides being good family time, the ladies in the family made it out to the fabric store and I finally got the fabric bought for my first quilt. After a bit of a delay, it was good to make a significant step back into my quilting project and I was quite happy about the fabric we found (with great help from my new sister-in-law) . I am washing the fabric today (making sure the colors won't bleed once the quilt is made) and hope to start cutting out my pieces this week. The end result is going to my "lucky" twin sis (hopefully she might love it just because it's from me), but at this rate, don't think she is expecting to receive any time soon. I might have to take and share a few pictures of my quilt-making progress along the way...let's see if the Complete Idiot's Guide to Quilting actually works for me!
Though a busy day, yesterday (Saturday) was a really good day. I left a wake-up call message to my mom (we were making our grocery list and wanted to know her ham & beans recipe), talked to my twin sis while cleaning (beginning to really love my husband's wireless headset), and then also got to talk to my Dad...so definitely a good start to my day. And then we spent much of the remainder of the day with Ryan's parents, his sister and her husband, and nephews.
Besides being good family time, the ladies in the family made it out to the fabric store and I finally got the fabric bought for my first quilt. After a bit of a delay, it was good to make a significant step back into my quilting project and I was quite happy about the fabric we found (with great help from my new sister-in-law) . I am washing the fabric today (making sure the colors won't bleed once the quilt is made) and hope to start cutting out my pieces this week. The end result is going to my "lucky" twin sis (hopefully she might love it just because it's from me), but at this rate, don't think she is expecting to receive any time soon. I might have to take and share a few pictures of my quilt-making progress along the way...let's see if the Complete Idiot's Guide to Quilting actually works for me!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home