Cooperina's Spot

January 27, 2010

Blessing of Time

God has given me a wonderful gift of free time this morning/afternoon with both girls napping at the same time, since about 11:30am. I have been listening to worship music (Mighty to Save CD), working on Annie's quilt (getting all of the heart blocks ready for some machine applique stitching), catching up on facebook news, and now squeezing in hopefully a quick blog post. Thank you Lord! This is definitely much needed every once in awhile.

And I find myself wondering if this is a blessing from the recent covenant I made to spend at least 30 minutes of uninterrupted time with God each day for the next year. Our pastor introduced the idea, and many of us (including me) made the commitment. Other mothers will relate, but for me, finding guaranteed uninterrupted time tends to be at night after everyone else has gone to sleep. But I actually have found that I love spending this time with Him at night, it is just an awesome way to end the day...and I have found that I sleep even better now, and definitely have much better dreams.

So what does this time look like for me? I read and study one chapter from the Bible (just finished Romans, and starting on Job next...letting God choose -- I close my Bible and then open it up to a random page, and whatever book I open up to is the one that I read next) using the study notes contained in my Bible as well as a separate study guide. I then journal about that reading as well as about my daily devotional (currently Oswald Chamber's My Utmost for His Highest, the updated version).

And then finally I "prayer journal" which is where I write down my prayers, my thoughts & questions for Him, thanks or recognition of blessings, etc. This is usually at least a half hour, but finding it is well worth it to stay up a little extra late...plus you know how early we all go to bed, so it's not really that late! I likely still fall asleep before many of you. LOL

But I challenge you all to make this covenant as well, and see how it & God starts moving in your life. Love you all!

1 Comments:

  • I need to do this. I'm going to start RIGHT NOW. get into the habit while I still only have one. thanks for this post!

    By Blogger sarah beth, At 9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home