Icy Day
It is an icy morning here today, but school was still on so we had to send Ryan out into it this morning. He almost fell walking up the sidewalk, but with only a little over a mile commute to school & no interstate traveling, he wasn't too worried about it...or perhaps I should say that I wasn't too worried about it (he likely wasn't worried at all). And glad that I got my errands done yesterday afternoon and do not need to go anywhere today.
My re-organization & decluttering tasks are going well, though sometimes slow going it feels like. Just hard to organize cleaning time around playtimes (especially with Maisie now on a 1 nap a day schedule...though she is now tending to sleep 2.5 - 3+ hours in the afternoon which is wonderful), feeding times, etc. But today, I am hoping to work on our family room in the basement and particularly focus on my sewing corner down there.
I am actually working on building some organizational shelving for my sewing corner...I started on the project yesterday when I realized that I was going to need to be able to organize my fabrics and sewing materials somehow. There is not enough room in or on my sewing desk. I do not really want to spend any extra money on them though (keeping budget tight with holidays & birthdays over the next few months) so I got the idea to make them from all of the empty diaper boxes that we have lying around which haven't been recycled yet.
Sounds crazy, doesn't it? But figure it is both frugal and green in some ways...plus the cardboard is pretty sturdy so as long as I don't overload, they should hold up fairly well. And I am going to cover them with wrapping paper to make them a little more "pretty". We will see...when I get completed, will make sure to share a picture. At any rate, it has been a fun project to take on.
My re-organization & decluttering tasks are going well, though sometimes slow going it feels like. Just hard to organize cleaning time around playtimes (especially with Maisie now on a 1 nap a day schedule...though she is now tending to sleep 2.5 - 3+ hours in the afternoon which is wonderful), feeding times, etc. But today, I am hoping to work on our family room in the basement and particularly focus on my sewing corner down there.
I am actually working on building some organizational shelving for my sewing corner...I started on the project yesterday when I realized that I was going to need to be able to organize my fabrics and sewing materials somehow. There is not enough room in or on my sewing desk. I do not really want to spend any extra money on them though (keeping budget tight with holidays & birthdays over the next few months) so I got the idea to make them from all of the empty diaper boxes that we have lying around which haven't been recycled yet.
Sounds crazy, doesn't it? But figure it is both frugal and green in some ways...plus the cardboard is pretty sturdy so as long as I don't overload, they should hold up fairly well. And I am going to cover them with wrapping paper to make them a little more "pretty". We will see...when I get completed, will make sure to share a picture. At any rate, it has been a fun project to take on.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home