I Love My Brother
My Brother sewing machine that is, in case any of you were wondering about who is my brother (besides my great brother-in-laws, I have 4 of those!). Work & life have been pretty busy so haven't been able to "play" with my new sewing machine as much I would like, but the time that I have spent with it has been very wonderful. Now don't get me wrong, I definitely enjoyed my old machine...but there is just some fun perks and advantages with this new one that has me enjoyiing my sewing time even more. Here are just a few (although if you don't usually use a sewing machine, like my husband, you will have to just take my word for it) of my favorites:
(1) The placement & location of the bobbin...with my new sewing machine, I am back to the more traditional (as least for me) placement of "pushing down" spot below the needle. Vs. my old machine, where the bobbin went in sideways which didn't always seem to work very well or have the best results when trying to thread the lower thread with the upper thread.
(2) And speaking of threading the lower thread with the upper thread...the new machine has an automatic threading bobbin, so you no longer have to manually thread (or pick up) the lower thread with the upper thread before you start sewing. With my Brother, I just start sewing and it will automatically pull up that lower thread! Again, this likely only makes sense for those who have used a sewing machine...
(3) The sound of the motor...this is another great thing that I noticed right away. This Brother sewing machine has a super-quiet motor -- it just purrs along as you sew. Whereas my old machine had a bit of a loud and whiny motor...if my sewing machine was still upstairs (vs. its new location in the basement family room), I probably wouldn't worry anymore about whether the noise of the motor would wake up Maisie during her nap.
(4) The actual sewing...the stitching / sewing is so very smooth & fast. Where I often had to fight a bit with my old machine to get the fabric to run under the foot without bunching up, I don't have that problem at all with my Brother. And the stitches all look so very neat & clean, and kind of makes me look like a pretty good sewer!
(5) And last one that I will talk about...the computerized selection of the stitch type. When you choose your stitch type, it also gives you recommendations or the default for the stitch width & length (you can change if you want/need to, but so far, I am liking its reco's). And I haven't run into this yet, but if something goes wrong with the machine, it will give you an error code which you can then look up in the manual to more easily & quickly diagnose the problem (vs. all the trouble-shooting / trial & error that I had to go through before).
If I was going to put a #6 in, I would also say that the manual is one of the best that I have seen as well...and I particularly like that they provided me with 2 manuals -- one in english & one in spanish vs. having in the same manual or on the same page like I had with my last machine. It is the small things!
(1) The placement & location of the bobbin...with my new sewing machine, I am back to the more traditional (as least for me) placement of "pushing down" spot below the needle. Vs. my old machine, where the bobbin went in sideways which didn't always seem to work very well or have the best results when trying to thread the lower thread with the upper thread.
(2) And speaking of threading the lower thread with the upper thread...the new machine has an automatic threading bobbin, so you no longer have to manually thread (or pick up) the lower thread with the upper thread before you start sewing. With my Brother, I just start sewing and it will automatically pull up that lower thread! Again, this likely only makes sense for those who have used a sewing machine...
(3) The sound of the motor...this is another great thing that I noticed right away. This Brother sewing machine has a super-quiet motor -- it just purrs along as you sew. Whereas my old machine had a bit of a loud and whiny motor...if my sewing machine was still upstairs (vs. its new location in the basement family room), I probably wouldn't worry anymore about whether the noise of the motor would wake up Maisie during her nap.
(4) The actual sewing...the stitching / sewing is so very smooth & fast. Where I often had to fight a bit with my old machine to get the fabric to run under the foot without bunching up, I don't have that problem at all with my Brother. And the stitches all look so very neat & clean, and kind of makes me look like a pretty good sewer!
(5) And last one that I will talk about...the computerized selection of the stitch type. When you choose your stitch type, it also gives you recommendations or the default for the stitch width & length (you can change if you want/need to, but so far, I am liking its reco's). And I haven't run into this yet, but if something goes wrong with the machine, it will give you an error code which you can then look up in the manual to more easily & quickly diagnose the problem (vs. all the trouble-shooting / trial & error that I had to go through before).
If I was going to put a #6 in, I would also say that the manual is one of the best that I have seen as well...and I particularly like that they provided me with 2 manuals -- one in english & one in spanish vs. having in the same manual or on the same page like I had with my last machine. It is the small things!

1 Comments:
I love how you can blog about your sewing machine! That is awesome!
By
Adventures of a new Bride, At
7:25 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home