Cooperina's Spot

September 03, 2009

Sewing Machine Research

For those of you on FB, you probably already know that my current sewing machine has decided to stop working properly. Basically a very important part decided to stop working, and being an older / less popular brand & model, finding a replacement part is impossible. Believe me, I looked...ebay, amazon, manufacturer site & phone #, and the repair/replacement site that everyone was recommending (which major slogan was "if we can't help you, it probably can't be done").

So I have now conceded that I need a new machine, which isn't necessarily a bad thing -- I liked my old machine for the most part (& it got me through quite a few projects, including Maisie's quilt) but there was some features, like the side insert bobbin, that wasn't the best on it. So now researching affordable but good sewing machines, and thinking that the Brother brand is the way to go when wanting quality at an affordable price. I had thought it would've been Singer, but all reviews point to this brand (which used to be the name in sewing machines) going downhill over the last several years.

I have found a nice Brother machine at WM for a fairly good price (and has gotten great reviews...I love the internet!), and it is also computerized which definitely appeals to me...but my friend Sarah K is potentially offering to sell me her sewing machine (a Christmas present that she received last year), so will wait & see before "pulling the trigger" on a new purchase. But now know where my fun money & birthday money are going to be going towards!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home