Just wanted to make sure that everyone knew the WSJ article was all in fun...we just thought it was interesting how many different names for grandparents there are out there now (in the article for example, there was a "Glamma" and a "Papa Doc")...but how we still find "Grandma" and "Grandpa" most often rolling off of our tongues. Got to love the classics!

2 Comments:
I hope that my comments yesterday weren't taken in the wrong way. I was just giving my perspective to the topic in the article about the use of different names. I wasn't trying to say my way is the right way and everyone else is wrong. Although, I would love if I was always right! LOL
Love, Jenny
By
Anonymous, At
7:29 AM
My opnion is that if each grandparent has a different "tag" there is never any confusion as to who you are talking about. It has nothing to do with the idea that baby boomers are clinging to their youth. My mother was grandma, and Rick's folks were mawmaw and pawpaw. That's how Kayla got our tags. I also feel that kids in the same family tend to use the same name for a particular grandparent. That's why all of mine use mm and pp.
By
Anonymous, At
7:44 AM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home