WSJ Article on Grandparents
And I found this article particularly amusing as we not so long ago made a few people "Grandma" and "Grandpa"...for the first/third/fifth time. It is likely the names will be just that in our house as both Ryan & I grew up affectionately calling our grandparents that (& thus we have a bit of fondness for those names), so what naturally almost always comes out of our mouth when talking to Maisie about her's.
Probably would be different if either of us had used different terms; if we were from a more southern region, it probably would've been Pawpaw or Mawmaw. So to our parents, embrace being a "Grandpa" or "Grandma" as that is quite possibly what our little Maisie will call you some day. Though who knows, it is up to her of course....she might prefer the ones that you prefer. :)
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123267094948408359.html
Probably would be different if either of us had used different terms; if we were from a more southern region, it probably would've been Pawpaw or Mawmaw. So to our parents, embrace being a "Grandpa" or "Grandma" as that is quite possibly what our little Maisie will call you some day. Though who knows, it is up to her of course....she might prefer the ones that you prefer. :)
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123267094948408359.html

2 Comments:
I guess we are just differnt on this topic. :) I like that Benjamin has a different name for each of his grandparents - makes each of them special to him in a different way. He has a Grandma who watches him two days a week, a Grandpa who is watching over him from Heaven, a Nana who is excited about taking him to his first McDs meal, a Maw-Maw & Paw-Paw who he will love to take road trips to see, and a Gramma & Granpa who he can't wait to have Branson vacations with. He is a very lucky boy! Love you! Jenny
By
Anonymous, At
7:35 AM
I am not saying that we are against the other names, just that we are super-fond of the terms "grandma" and "grandpa" (because of our grandparent relationships) and because we used those names growing up, those are the names that often just automatically come out when talking about Maisie's grandparents.
Plus as I said, I am leaving the naming for the most part up to Maisie. Just thinking it quite possibly might be "Grandma" & "Grandpa" since that is often what her parents say.
By
Jackie, At
11:34 AM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home