Cooperina's Spot

May 20, 2008

Baby Update - Week 28

The weeks just seem to be flying by anymore it seems...though one of my co-workers informed me that the time seems to begin to slow down the closer to the 40 week mark that you get. :)

What is happening with Maisie: She is probably a little over 14 inches long and weighs around 2.5 pounds. She will continue to gain a significant amount of weight in the remaining weeks of the pregnancy. Her brain is also beginning to develop into a more complex organ around this time -- previously had been fairly smooth, now starting to form its indentations & grooves. And the development of hair (on her head, eyebrows, & eyelashes) is continuing and becoming visible.

What is happening with Me: My uterus is continuing to grow and can now be felt more significantly about 3.5 inches above my belly button. It is definitely becoming a little harder each and every week to maneuver around...and sometimes find myself forgetting about the size of my belly and trying to slip through places or people that I always could previously (the key word here being "trying"). Weight gain should be between 17 and 24 pounds, so good news, still falling within that range.

Upcoming Plans: We have our 28-week doctor's appointment on Friday afternoon and I will be getting to enjoy the "yummy" glucose test. Basically get to drink something that looks like orange soda (but hear that it doesn't taste like orange soda) just prior to the appointment, and then they will draw blood from me at the appropriate time afterwards & be able to confirm if I am suffering from gestational diabates or not. Hopefully not...

I had a "horrible mom" dream the other night. Maisie had been born, and let's just say that she was incredibly big (walking around big) and not very cute. And in my dream, I was trying to convince Ryan that we couldn't name her Maisie as she wasn't cute enough for the name. Poor girl...not sure what I was going to name her instead...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home