Cooperina's Spot

March 06, 2008

My Weight Gain Website

I'm enjoying a new web-site...it is sponsored by the Healthy Choice brand, but working well for me still in my weight gain goals. Basically for each day, can enter the meals/snacks that I ate (they actually provide a recommended meal plan which I ignore and make substitutions for...after all, I am trying to gain weight, not lose it) and not only does it calculate the # of calories (my goal is 2200 a day) but it also calculates my %'s of daily Fruits, Vegetables, Grains, Dairy, and Meats/Beans.

Thus, I can also ensure that I am getting a good balance of nutrition each day -- mostly realizing that I need to up my daily intake of veggies (part of my motivation in making snack bags of cut up carrots last night).

It is not always the most user friendly -- editing a meal entry once entered is largely impossible, but getting quicker at using the look-up function for meals/food items...plus it has the ability to add meals as favorites, making it much simpler & quicker the next time that you enter the same meal (as you might guess, my daily breakfast of Vanilla Creme Mini Wheats is at the top of that list). Whether you're trying to lose or gain weight, if you would like to check out the site, the address is www.startingmakingchoices.com.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home