Our Day o' Fun
I had another laptop die on me...thankfully, it was just the monitor again so the hard drive is still usable and still holding all of my important files. Guess that what happens sometimes when they piece two older, kind of junky ones together. Per my manager's advice, I submitted an exception request for an actual new / under warranty one, but will see within the next few days if it gets approved or not. Otherwise, I have another older, pieced together one coming in the mail today...better than nothing!
But more fun news...We had a very fun Day o' Fun on Saturday (I had been saving up my fun money for this one, plus received some anniversary money from my grandparents and Dad & Smom...have learned Ryan is not really a big gift person, but he loves events/activities). The weather wasn't that nice so we ended up skipping out on the zoo but still found plenty to do:
(1) Breakfast out on our back porch to start the day. Largely because of Ryan (he really likes fried eggs), I have discovered that I actually like fried eggs as long as they are over hard (and definitely not over easy). If they have any yellow stuff oozing out when I cut into them, forget about it -- Ryan learned that on his first attempt at making me fried eggs (what kind of eggs do you want? scrambled. and then he made fried...says he didn't hear me say scrambled...uh huh...I had a witness though, his dad).
(2) lunch at a vietnamese restaurant -- very yummy (particularly the vietnamese egg rolls and fried chicken wings), plus had a great waiter who was giving us some reco's.
(3) afternoon of fun at Dave & Busters (we had a buy one $10 power card, get one free)...Ryan pretty much beat me at everything (even skee ball which I usually dominate!) exept for this crazy shooting game (he kept accidentally shooting the hostages) and a trivia game. Then we turned in all of our tickets (or thought we did, I ended up finding some later in my jacket pocket) for some goofy prizes.
(4) a quick trip to the Wendy's drive-thru for a frosty (I'm vanilla, he's chocolate) to enjoy on our way to Sarah K's birthday party.
(5) putting in some friend time at Sarah K's birthday party (and also enjoyed a hummus pizza appetizer)...she picked a really great place to have it, particularly if you have a large group of friends who are attending. And Ryan was even more happy because his seat faced a large flat screen playing the Oklahoma/Missouri game.
(6) an evening dinner at a new Indian restaurant (another coupon from our entertainment book -- buy one dinner, get one free), which is now one of our favorite Indian restaurants in O-town.
And then back home...very happy, still very much in love, a little bit tired, but definitely not hungry.
But more fun news...We had a very fun Day o' Fun on Saturday (I had been saving up my fun money for this one, plus received some anniversary money from my grandparents and Dad & Smom...have learned Ryan is not really a big gift person, but he loves events/activities). The weather wasn't that nice so we ended up skipping out on the zoo but still found plenty to do:
(1) Breakfast out on our back porch to start the day. Largely because of Ryan (he really likes fried eggs), I have discovered that I actually like fried eggs as long as they are over hard (and definitely not over easy). If they have any yellow stuff oozing out when I cut into them, forget about it -- Ryan learned that on his first attempt at making me fried eggs (what kind of eggs do you want? scrambled. and then he made fried...says he didn't hear me say scrambled...uh huh...I had a witness though, his dad).
(2) lunch at a vietnamese restaurant -- very yummy (particularly the vietnamese egg rolls and fried chicken wings), plus had a great waiter who was giving us some reco's.
(3) afternoon of fun at Dave & Busters (we had a buy one $10 power card, get one free)...Ryan pretty much beat me at everything (even skee ball which I usually dominate!) exept for this crazy shooting game (he kept accidentally shooting the hostages) and a trivia game. Then we turned in all of our tickets (or thought we did, I ended up finding some later in my jacket pocket) for some goofy prizes.
(4) a quick trip to the Wendy's drive-thru for a frosty (I'm vanilla, he's chocolate) to enjoy on our way to Sarah K's birthday party.
(5) putting in some friend time at Sarah K's birthday party (and also enjoyed a hummus pizza appetizer)...she picked a really great place to have it, particularly if you have a large group of friends who are attending. And Ryan was even more happy because his seat faced a large flat screen playing the Oklahoma/Missouri game.
(6) an evening dinner at a new Indian restaurant (another coupon from our entertainment book -- buy one dinner, get one free), which is now one of our favorite Indian restaurants in O-town.
And then back home...very happy, still very much in love, a little bit tired, but definitely not hungry.

1 Comments:
thanks for making us a stop on your anniversary celebration!! it was wonderful to have you both there - i always love Jackie-time. :)
i had the hummus pizza as well.. mmm... it's making me hungry thinking about it!
By
sarah beth, At
8:52 AM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home