Getting Closer
It was another kind of busy night...tonight was our Afghanistan team meeting, though a fairly informal meeting as there are only 3 of us on the team. It was a good night -- enjoying dinner together, fun conversation, a long walk through our neighborhood & local park, and then a time of prayer at the end for our upcoming trip, each other, & all final preparations.
Though there is still a bit to be done in a increasingly shorter period of time, I am really looking forward to getting to visit the country again. I know most people do not understand why we go and there is the constant question of "Why?" Now there are lots of detailed explanations, reasoning, history, etc. that could be given but I really rather prefer the "simpler" reasons: Because God asked us to (being in His will is always the best place to be)...and if we don't, who will go...
Though we, of course, are only going for a very, very short period of time (but still will use that short period of time to love on the people as much as we can), my deepest & sincerest admiration and thankfulness is for those who live/stay there much longer than our 2-week visit.
Though there is still a bit to be done in a increasingly shorter period of time, I am really looking forward to getting to visit the country again. I know most people do not understand why we go and there is the constant question of "Why?" Now there are lots of detailed explanations, reasoning, history, etc. that could be given but I really rather prefer the "simpler" reasons: Because God asked us to (being in His will is always the best place to be)...and if we don't, who will go...
Though we, of course, are only going for a very, very short period of time (but still will use that short period of time to love on the people as much as we can), my deepest & sincerest admiration and thankfulness is for those who live/stay there much longer than our 2-week visit.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home