Cooperina's Spot

March 02, 2006

I'm Back!

Wow, I haven't blogged in quite a few days now. I actually have not been feeling very well for the last few days, so haven't been up for blogging. But after 2 nearly sleepless nights in a row, the last 2 sleep-filled nights were such an awesome blessing and I am feeling much better this morning. And happy to be starting to get back to my normal morning routine, which typically included some good blogging every other morning.

Though I don't have a lot to blog about this morning. Since I haven't been feeling that energetic, my days of consisted of largely work and then vegging at night (I have watched way too much Law & Order this week). I have been doing some great reading just before bed though. My latest book is "End of the Spear", written by Steve Saint -- you probably remember me talking about a movie of the same name not too long ago.

Yep, it is the same story...Steve is the son of Nate Saint, one of the 5 missionaries who were killed by the Waodani tribe when they tried to make contact & build relationships with them. The story still consistently amazes me each night as I dive into this book (and also as I read through my prior book, Through Gates of Splendor by Elisabeth Elliot -- her husband was one of the 5 missionaries and this story is a compilation of the men's journal entries and activities/events leading up to their deaths): the wonder of forgiveness, the power of redemption and repentence, and just simply how Jesus can completely and whole change a person's life (which became so evident in the lives of the Waodani). And even though I am only half-way through this book, it definitely makes my recommended reading list.

I am so looking forward to this weekend, which hopefully will be a relaxful one with only 1 birthday to celebrate vs. the 4 (Becky, Steve, Ryan, and the Mirs' youngest son Fatah) that we celebrated last weekend. It was fun, but I was worn out by Sunday afternoon after we left the Mir house. But it had been too long since I had been able to visit the Mirs, so I was glad we were invited over for lunch (which is always great Afghan food...and I always have to eat 2 plates full or feel like I am being rude) plus got to bring a cake over for Fatah. Visiting them also sparks my desire to learn Dari (I only know a few phrases and can't even say one of those quite correctly), particularly so I can talk to Mrs. Mir who only knows a little English. It's time to start making the flash cards!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home