March Update
Ryan is on Spring Break this week, so I have been enjoying time with him vs. blogging...however, he just left to meet a friend for lunch, so thought I would get some blogging in. Plus I have my own friend lunch date tomorrow (a friend from Colorado so looking forward to seeing her), so might not find time to blog again until later in the week. And thought I would do updates on all of us, going from youngest to oldest:
Annie: She is getting better & better at sitting on her own (can even go for as long as a few minutes). Similar to what I did with Maisie, I have pulled out my pregnancy pillow (which converts into a circular raised pillow for the baby) for her to practice in -- cushioning on all sides to catch her when she loses her balance & topples over. And I discovered last night when checking on her (in her crib), that Annie can now successfully roll from her back to stomach (it's a little harder than the stomach to back maneuver when she succeeded at in January).
Annie is also continuing to enjoy her rice cereal feeding at dinner time, though not very good at keeping very much in her mouth just yet. But excellent at getting all over her, her bib, & the bumbo...and we have also added in an applesauce feeding at lunchtime for some extra practice. As soon as she starts getting the hang of it more, we'll throw in more of the "colored" stuff like pureed peas, sweet potatoes, & carrots.
Maisie: Her new favorite word is "Annie", though still doesn't quite have the "n" sound so it sounds like she is saying "Aaa-Eee". But it has even replaced the word "Daddy" in frequency anymore...and I think Annie might possibly be her favorite person in the house (or at the very least a close 2nd to Daddy). Today when Ryan was getting ready to take Maisie up for the afternoon nap, he told her to give me & Annie good-bye kisses before heading upstairs. She gave Annie a kiss then went running over to the gate. Ryan said "what about Mommy's kiss", so Maisie smiled, ran over & gave me a kiss, and then while there gave Annie another kiss!
Maisie is also getting better at using her fork to eat with, and it actually helps her to eat even better during mealtimes...particularly if Mommy and/or Daddy are cheering her on. She loves the applause, that one.
Me: It looks like I will likely be working with IRI this summer. I was hoping to get a part-time job during Ryan's Summer Break to contribute a little extra income for us. With our current budget, we make things work but it is of course tight so any extra dollars that we can add into our savings account (& be prepared for any emergencies that come our way) is awesome. So I sent my old boss an e-mail to just catch up on each other's lives but also let her know that I was planning to get a summer job & was open for something with IRI if they needed any help.
And last Thursday, I got an e-mail back from her & happily said that they would like to have me work with them for the summer. Not sure what it is going to look like, but likely going to start in May with some evening hours (while Ryan is still in school...but looking to be a busy month for them so needed help a little earlier if I could do it) and then should run through most/all of summer. I am looking forward to it...God is good!
Ryan: He is also going to be working for 5 weeks this summer, teaching ESL summer school -- but is only half days (7:30am to 11:30am) so should be able to easily work out with my work schedule. And that also means more extra income, actually Ryan calculated out & his pay from summer school should cover almost all of mine & the girls insurance premiums for a year. Sweet!
And then the rest of the summer, he is planning to just focus on existing home projects that we just haven't been able to get checked off of our list & have a majority of the supplies for. No new projects!! In no particular order of priority, the "big" projects include: (1) Lattice for below the front porch (just needs to hung & painted), (2) completing the patio (we have a surplus supply of bricks, just need some sand & lots of shoveling down work), (3) the garage -- a load of rock inside so that we can use to park a car inside, and then painting on the outside.
Annie: She is getting better & better at sitting on her own (can even go for as long as a few minutes). Similar to what I did with Maisie, I have pulled out my pregnancy pillow (which converts into a circular raised pillow for the baby) for her to practice in -- cushioning on all sides to catch her when she loses her balance & topples over. And I discovered last night when checking on her (in her crib), that Annie can now successfully roll from her back to stomach (it's a little harder than the stomach to back maneuver when she succeeded at in January).
Annie is also continuing to enjoy her rice cereal feeding at dinner time, though not very good at keeping very much in her mouth just yet. But excellent at getting all over her, her bib, & the bumbo...and we have also added in an applesauce feeding at lunchtime for some extra practice. As soon as she starts getting the hang of it more, we'll throw in more of the "colored" stuff like pureed peas, sweet potatoes, & carrots.
Maisie: Her new favorite word is "Annie", though still doesn't quite have the "n" sound so it sounds like she is saying "Aaa-Eee". But it has even replaced the word "Daddy" in frequency anymore...and I think Annie might possibly be her favorite person in the house (or at the very least a close 2nd to Daddy). Today when Ryan was getting ready to take Maisie up for the afternoon nap, he told her to give me & Annie good-bye kisses before heading upstairs. She gave Annie a kiss then went running over to the gate. Ryan said "what about Mommy's kiss", so Maisie smiled, ran over & gave me a kiss, and then while there gave Annie another kiss!
Maisie is also getting better at using her fork to eat with, and it actually helps her to eat even better during mealtimes...particularly if Mommy and/or Daddy are cheering her on. She loves the applause, that one.
Me: It looks like I will likely be working with IRI this summer. I was hoping to get a part-time job during Ryan's Summer Break to contribute a little extra income for us. With our current budget, we make things work but it is of course tight so any extra dollars that we can add into our savings account (& be prepared for any emergencies that come our way) is awesome. So I sent my old boss an e-mail to just catch up on each other's lives but also let her know that I was planning to get a summer job & was open for something with IRI if they needed any help.
And last Thursday, I got an e-mail back from her & happily said that they would like to have me work with them for the summer. Not sure what it is going to look like, but likely going to start in May with some evening hours (while Ryan is still in school...but looking to be a busy month for them so needed help a little earlier if I could do it) and then should run through most/all of summer. I am looking forward to it...God is good!
Ryan: He is also going to be working for 5 weeks this summer, teaching ESL summer school -- but is only half days (7:30am to 11:30am) so should be able to easily work out with my work schedule. And that also means more extra income, actually Ryan calculated out & his pay from summer school should cover almost all of mine & the girls insurance premiums for a year. Sweet!
And then the rest of the summer, he is planning to just focus on existing home projects that we just haven't been able to get checked off of our list & have a majority of the supplies for. No new projects!! In no particular order of priority, the "big" projects include: (1) Lattice for below the front porch (just needs to hung & painted), (2) completing the patio (we have a surplus supply of bricks, just need some sand & lots of shoveling down work), (3) the garage -- a load of rock inside so that we can use to park a car inside, and then painting on the outside.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home