Cooperina's Spot

May 05, 2008

Pregnancy / Baby Update - Week 26

It is Monday morning again (how do these keep sneaking up on me?) and I am feeling a bit tired today -- partly because it is Monday morning and partly because we just finished enjoying a fun-filled and people-filled weekend celebrating Momma Desch's 60th birthday in GI.

I couldn't even begin to try to cover all of the different activities and events, but just to say that we had very good family coverage (9 to 12 of us for most of the weekend), ate quite a bit of food (including Ryan's famous chicken enchiladas), enjoyed some outside time, lost the parents' dog briefly, and also found time to make a "happy hour" Sonic run for limeades, slushies, and cherry cokes.

But being a little tired this morning and my brain not so blogging-prepared, thought I would share the latest pregnancy update which I got in my e-mail last night. We are now in Week 26, the last week of the 2nd trimester...hard to believe that we're about to enter the 3rd & final trimester.

What is happening with Maisie: She is now about 13 inches long and weighs probably about 2 pounds (I know that definitely we're both starting to feel her more, though her most active times tend to be late at night). The nerves in her ears are starting to develop more so she is now beginning to be able to hear & respond more consistently to the sounds around her. Her lungs are also continuing to develop as she swallows the amniotic fluid (still wonder what that tastes like, but don't think Maisie will remember by the time that she is able to talk).

What is happening with Me: Currently my weight gain should be between 16 & 22 pounds, and yes, falling right in there...Ryan says that I basically look the same size as before, except that I seem to have swallowed a soccer ball. :) For the remainder of the pregnancy, my stomach should grow about 1/2 inch per week -- you do the math, but I definitely am going to be needing my pregnancy belt more & more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home