Positive Highlights
Since this week has been a little heavy with some sad news and events, I thought I would try to be a little more light-hearted this morning...and just blog about some highlights from the week:
*We built our "gingerbread" house out of Lego's this week (last year's gingerbread house experience was fun but decided a Lego house would be much more fun and a little less messy as well)...well, actually Ryan built it. We spent the night hanging out in the living room, me quilting and him lego'ing. Now just have to work out how to make the green base (supposed to be grass) look white with snow...white legos don't really look right so might try some of the extra batting from my quilt project.
*Have almost completed our first week using our new chore list. We were getting to be bit of procrastinators when it came to house-cleaning chores during the weekday evenings, and thus leaving this crazy amount of work which needed to be done on the weekend (talk about a drag during your two days off). So being list people (love to check off stuff...), we created a list of chores for the week -- assigning a small chore to each person for each day of the week. For example, tonight's chores including cleaning the toilet/bathroom sink (me) and cleaning the bathtub/shower (Ryan). Yes, we are organization freaks sometimes, but it makes us happy!
*Our new vehicle has gotten to prove itself on the snow this week and has done pretty well...it's still been Ryan driving it through the snow as he is a nice husband, taking me to work as he knows I hate driving through this stuff (all wheel drive or not)...though I might be driving today...we'll see!
*And I could go on and on about others, but will wrap up with one of the best ones from the week. Saw a preview on TV last night for the return of American Gladiators. Does everyone remember that show? I loved that show! Dad, do you remember it? When I was growing up, we (me & my sister Jen) used to always watch it on Saturday nights with my Dad & Grandparents on his weekends. It will be interesting to see if it is anything like the old version.
*We built our "gingerbread" house out of Lego's this week (last year's gingerbread house experience was fun but decided a Lego house would be much more fun and a little less messy as well)...well, actually Ryan built it. We spent the night hanging out in the living room, me quilting and him lego'ing. Now just have to work out how to make the green base (supposed to be grass) look white with snow...white legos don't really look right so might try some of the extra batting from my quilt project.
*Have almost completed our first week using our new chore list. We were getting to be bit of procrastinators when it came to house-cleaning chores during the weekday evenings, and thus leaving this crazy amount of work which needed to be done on the weekend (talk about a drag during your two days off). So being list people (love to check off stuff...), we created a list of chores for the week -- assigning a small chore to each person for each day of the week. For example, tonight's chores including cleaning the toilet/bathroom sink (me) and cleaning the bathtub/shower (Ryan). Yes, we are organization freaks sometimes, but it makes us happy!
*Our new vehicle has gotten to prove itself on the snow this week and has done pretty well...it's still been Ryan driving it through the snow as he is a nice husband, taking me to work as he knows I hate driving through this stuff (all wheel drive or not)...though I might be driving today...we'll see!
*And I could go on and on about others, but will wrap up with one of the best ones from the week. Saw a preview on TV last night for the return of American Gladiators. Does everyone remember that show? I loved that show! Dad, do you remember it? When I was growing up, we (me & my sister Jen) used to always watch it on Saturday nights with my Dad & Grandparents on his weekends. It will be interesting to see if it is anything like the old version.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home