More Quilting Fun
So happy to see that it is Friday...and a Friday where I only have one small project due (have been making sure not to make Friday always my deadline day...just makes for a stressful Friday) and we have a team lunch. I still have a lot of work to get done, but can do at a still hurried but not crazy-hurried pace.
I started sewing my three quilt layers together last night. I am finding this is a hard stitch to quickly catch a rhythm on, but I am getting there. The difficulty lies in that when you take a stitch through the top quilt layer down to the backing, you don't want to pull the needle all the way through. You just pop its point out a bit (feel with your left hand...or right hand if you're a southpaw), and then using your hand/finger, you direct it back up to the top again for another stitch...all while trying to keep the stitches a uniform size and not large.
And not to mention that I am making stitches around a ladybug design which has quite a few curves & corners...but seem to be getting a little easier and faster towards the end of my sewing time last night, so figure I'll be a "pro" by the end. It definitely has been fun to learn each step of the quilting process. If nothing else, I definitely have a lot more knowledge now than what I began with (and hopefully my sister will end up with a satisfactory quilt...sounds like Justin might need to keep warm at work -- now that's a great picture, my bro-in-law wrapped up in a cute, little ladybug quilt).
I started sewing my three quilt layers together last night. I am finding this is a hard stitch to quickly catch a rhythm on, but I am getting there. The difficulty lies in that when you take a stitch through the top quilt layer down to the backing, you don't want to pull the needle all the way through. You just pop its point out a bit (feel with your left hand...or right hand if you're a southpaw), and then using your hand/finger, you direct it back up to the top again for another stitch...all while trying to keep the stitches a uniform size and not large.
And not to mention that I am making stitches around a ladybug design which has quite a few curves & corners...but seem to be getting a little easier and faster towards the end of my sewing time last night, so figure I'll be a "pro" by the end. It definitely has been fun to learn each step of the quilting process. If nothing else, I definitely have a lot more knowledge now than what I began with (and hopefully my sister will end up with a satisfactory quilt...sounds like Justin might need to keep warm at work -- now that's a great picture, my bro-in-law wrapped up in a cute, little ladybug quilt).

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home