Ryan Stuff
Ryan and I have been reading through a book together -- a small section each night--, kind of a marriage-building one. It has been pretty good so far (just a few areas that we didn't enjoy much, but mostly because it was a non-relevant area for our marriage currently), and we are now approaching the end. I think we're looking into purchasing "The First Five Years" (I think that was the title) for our next book.
But the other night, we got to share with each other our 5 favorite things that the other person does. Now remember this was right before bed-time (so not incredibly in-depth), but will share a few about Ryan:
(1) He is not afraid or too "cool" to act silly with me. It will be hard for some of you to believe, but we find ourselves breaking into song for fun at home quite often (Ryan, of course, making a bit more joyful noise than I). Ryan is the most creative and will stick my name & characteristics into a song...Forgetful Jackie (off of 50 First Dates) and Mustang Jackie (Mustang Sally) are his latest favorites.
(2) He helps me with the laundry (yeah, pretty basic, but much appreciated). And no, it's not that we're stuck in assigned male/female roles, but he tends to do a majority of the yard work (including mowing our gi-normous yard) so I like to handle the laundry responsibility. But when I carry up the basket of "fresh out of the dryer" laundry to the living room to fold, he almost always digs in and helps.
(3) He will go with me to non-guy places, like a recent trip to the fabric store. It definitely wasn't his favorite place to be, but he knew I needed to stop there (needed the final fabric for my quilt!) on our way home from the grocery store. And instead of just standing there bored, he actually helped me find the two fabric patterns that I was looking for (Jen, he even picked out the backing for your quilt).
Don't want to embarrass him, so that is all I will share...gotta love him!
But the other night, we got to share with each other our 5 favorite things that the other person does. Now remember this was right before bed-time (so not incredibly in-depth), but will share a few about Ryan:
(1) He is not afraid or too "cool" to act silly with me. It will be hard for some of you to believe, but we find ourselves breaking into song for fun at home quite often (Ryan, of course, making a bit more joyful noise than I). Ryan is the most creative and will stick my name & characteristics into a song...Forgetful Jackie (off of 50 First Dates) and Mustang Jackie (Mustang Sally) are his latest favorites.
(2) He helps me with the laundry (yeah, pretty basic, but much appreciated). And no, it's not that we're stuck in assigned male/female roles, but he tends to do a majority of the yard work (including mowing our gi-normous yard) so I like to handle the laundry responsibility. But when I carry up the basket of "fresh out of the dryer" laundry to the living room to fold, he almost always digs in and helps.
(3) He will go with me to non-guy places, like a recent trip to the fabric store. It definitely wasn't his favorite place to be, but he knew I needed to stop there (needed the final fabric for my quilt!) on our way home from the grocery store. And instead of just standing there bored, he actually helped me find the two fabric patterns that I was looking for (Jen, he even picked out the backing for your quilt).
Don't want to embarrass him, so that is all I will share...gotta love him!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home