A Bit Slushy & Mushy Here
We "enjoyed" a very rainy weekend here, but don't worry (as my very loving grandparents did), we aren't in any danger of the floods here. For those of you who haven't had a chance to visit us in our new home, we live on a very high hill above the Missouri River. As I told my Grandma (& think I possibly stole this line from my husband), for a flood to reach us, it would need to be one like when God told Noah to build his ark...and I believe, if my brain is working right tonight, that He promised to never do that again.
But that did mean some fun inside time, which included some good quilting time. The straight stitch is turning out to be a little faster than the applique stitch so have been making some good progress. It is actually starting to take on the shape of a quilt, which is definitely fun to see. If I remember, I will try to take a picture to share on the blog tomorrow night.
I am currently reading through one of my favorite books, Shepherd of the Hills, for my bed-time reading material. But am about three-fourths of the way through, so told Ryan that a trip to the library will be needed soon...any suggestions? Just make sure it is not too much of a page-turner or I will never get to sleep at a decent hour (a good book can be so very hard to put down, even when you know the alarm will be ringing bright and early the next day).
But that did mean some fun inside time, which included some good quilting time. The straight stitch is turning out to be a little faster than the applique stitch so have been making some good progress. It is actually starting to take on the shape of a quilt, which is definitely fun to see. If I remember, I will try to take a picture to share on the blog tomorrow night.
I am currently reading through one of my favorite books, Shepherd of the Hills, for my bed-time reading material. But am about three-fourths of the way through, so told Ryan that a trip to the library will be needed soon...any suggestions? Just make sure it is not too much of a page-turner or I will never get to sleep at a decent hour (a good book can be so very hard to put down, even when you know the alarm will be ringing bright and early the next day).

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home