Grocery Night Monday
It was another fun Grocery Night Monday…we are kind of boring, aren’t we? Told you that we probably wouldn’t make a very exciting reality tv show. Plus tonight, I don’t even have another fun cashier story to share – we decided to hit one of the self-checkout lines tonight as it was a light grocery cart night. Plus since we split our purchases (budget) out by grocery, HBC (Health & Beauty Care), and fun money, sometimes self-checkout is a little easier and less confusing for the cashier to not have to ring up multiple transactions for one goofy couple.
Ryan & I did have an extra “mission” at Wal-Mart tonight besides shopping for groceries though: hitting the book section to check out their selection of children’s books. And before your thoughts take you in the wrong direction, no, I am not pregnant. Ryan is actually on the hunt for children’s books to use in his adult ESL classes that he will be teaching.
Sounds a bit funny, I am sure; children’s books for adults…but Ryan has actually also been using children’s books that we picked up in Afgh. to help with his Dari learning. He actually has quite a lot of creative ideas/plans for this class so it will be interesting to see how this first round of classes go. He is a little nervous, considering that they are refugees and he is not sure of their level of English, if any…but mostly very excited to start meeting his students and getting to know each of them.
And I am excited to hear all the stories; probably a little bit more interesting than my days spent largely with my computers. Though I did get to see the new Slim Jim commercial today – have you seen the “snapalope”? I want one!
Ryan & I did have an extra “mission” at Wal-Mart tonight besides shopping for groceries though: hitting the book section to check out their selection of children’s books. And before your thoughts take you in the wrong direction, no, I am not pregnant. Ryan is actually on the hunt for children’s books to use in his adult ESL classes that he will be teaching.
Sounds a bit funny, I am sure; children’s books for adults…but Ryan has actually also been using children’s books that we picked up in Afgh. to help with his Dari learning. He actually has quite a lot of creative ideas/plans for this class so it will be interesting to see how this first round of classes go. He is a little nervous, considering that they are refugees and he is not sure of their level of English, if any…but mostly very excited to start meeting his students and getting to know each of them.
And I am excited to hear all the stories; probably a little bit more interesting than my days spent largely with my computers. Though I did get to see the new Slim Jim commercial today – have you seen the “snapalope”? I want one!

1 Comments:
ahh.. the budget system. we make ours much more complicated - for us, not the cashier. we pay with a credit card, then pay off the credit card with cash from our envelopes (making sure not to go over). why, you may ask? about $15 cash back ever month. pretty nice. :)
By
sarah beth, At
3:11 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home