Cooperina's Spot

April 07, 2006

Hope -- I Love That Word

Yesterday was a day of hope, in some small ways and also in some bigger ways. At work, I begin to feel the stirrings of renewed hope that our India GOC team would become an effective partner with me. And that strong relationships with mutual respect and passion would be established. They have unfortunately disappointed me quite a few times in the last year, and I am actually currently on a small, self-imposed break from working with the team. But new processes and efforts are being put into place, and yesterday I was delighted to feel hope (in that direction) building up inside me...and the cynicism fading away!

I also got a call concerning Relay for Life yesterday morning, and that got my head and heart to thinking about this year's Relay. And really thinking about what I pray will be accomplished at this year's event and even pre-event activities...and mostly praying just that I can be used to help in bringing hope to those who have been so impacted by cancer, particularly those who may currently be in a state of hopelessness. The verse that almost always comes into my mind when I think about cancer (and particularly thinking about those fighting it and their loved ones) is Romans 5:1-5. And particularly the last verse, that hope does not disappoint us...

And there is also a song that is dear to my heart in this area. I first heard this song just a few months after my DAD had been diagnosed with 3rd stage colon cancer and it really spoke to my heart at that time. And now when I hear it, I always think of him, the battle that he had to endure, and others who are facing similar circumstances in their lives. The song is "Blessed Be Your Name" by Matt Redman and I will share just a few lyrics with you.

Blessed be Your name
When the sun's shining down on me
When the world's 'all as it should be'
Blessed be Your name

Blessed be Your name
On the road marked with suffering
Though there's pain in the offering
Blessed be Your name

Every blessing You pour out
I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in,
Lord Still I will say
Blessed be the name of the Lord

Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name
You give and take away
You give and take away
My heart will choose to say
Lord, blessed be Your name

And then last night, my hope was strengthened in yet another way. The monthly world service at our church was held last night. And through prayers and others' words/stories, I felt my hope strengthen even more that change can take place in the country of Afgh. and that God can use us (and even me...sometimes I think, what can I do? what difference can I make?) to help the people in need there -- and most importantly, bring hope to those who have none. And I thought about those already there who are working to change that nation (both Afgh. citizens and foreigners like us) and prayed their hope would not diminish and against the discouragment which is likely to come up on them at times.

And since this is quite long, I will wrap up my thoughts for now -- and I promise a little more light-hearted posts in my last few days before taking off...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home