Cooperina's Spot

March 29, 2006

Favorite Weekend Picture

Thought I would share my favorite picture from this last weekend. It is actually of two of my favorite people...my "little sis" and her husband. Aren't they cute? This is right before Justin's soccer game, which I was so glad that we got to attend. His team didn't win, but it was fun to watch him play -- he is really quite good (love the fancy footwork, G).


I finally finished reading End of the Spear this last week and again I must say, this book is definitely on my recommend reading list (so go pick it up!). The continued story of the Waodani tribe and the Saint family is just amazing and one of the best examples of forgiveness & redemption being lived out in our world. Steve Saint is also a great storyteller, and also a very honest and humble one at that -- he even openly shared his mis-judgments and imperfections. And even in times of tragedy, they were able to continue to hold onto hope (even if only by the thinnest of ropes at times) and not lose sight of their purpose here on this Earth. So I hope one or more of you picks this book up, and if you do, let me know as I would love to talk more about it with someone...Ryan has to get through the Lord of the Rings books before he can add to his reading list.

I also picked up a new book this past week at Parables. After looking through all the shelves, I decided to go for a historical fiction novel. It is called The Puritans and is the first book in a series following generations of one family through history (including both the Revolutionary War and Civil War). So far, I am enjoying immensely...the main character has become a spy for the key bishop in England and is investigating and reporting the identities of Puritans in the country. During last night's reading, he is beginning to experience quite a bit of regret and second thoughts though. I still have quite a bit of reading left, but so far, looks like this one may also make my list of recommended readings -- especially if you enjoy historical fiction (and this author seems to be really good about intertwining actual historical facts with his fiction).

2 Comments:

  • welcome back!! good to hear you had such a great time.
    historical ficiton is one of my favorite genres of reading.. who's the author? my favorite books of that type are by francine rivers.. she has several novellas about Biblical characters that are excellent.

    i saw your husband yesterday!! he was driving to work, i was getting my morning workout.

    let me know if there's anything i can do for you as you get ready to head overseas...

    By Blogger sarah beth, At 1:44 PM  

  • The author's name is Jack Cavanaugh, or at least that is what I am remembering in my head...I am feeling too lazy to walk back into the bedroom to double-check plus Ryan is still sleeping in there.

    We quite possibly will take you up on your offer there, particularly a ride to the airport (and maybe back again if you are available)...I will talk to your more about it later. Thanks!

    By Blogger Jackie, At 6:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home