Ready to Go
Getting ready to head to bed as I have an early start to Oklahoma in the morning, and have just finished all the last minute things that need to be done before bed (or at least I hope so)...but thought I would take a few minutes to post a quick blog. Particularly since I have been a bit absent from my blog this week -- it has been a crazy busy one (I am not sure why I thought I was going to have extra time when Ryan was gone...must be the baby brain).
My day today also didn't go as planned, but that was a good thing. My friend Sarah K called me this morning and invited me to join her & a couple of the other play-date moms at the zoo for the morning. And part of me was thinking that I should probably stay home and get the packing done plus some cleaning done (I like to leave on trips with the house clean, but learning to let that one go a bit now that I have an active 11-month old)...
...but the bigger & likely smarter part of me agreed to go. I needed the adult company, needed to hang out with some friends, plus knew that it would be a much better morning for Maisie than hanging out at home (she loves the zoo, and today got to enjoy the petting zoo for the first time). So the house isn't all that clean and I am finishing up the packing to-do list a little later than hoped, but it was definitely worth it.
And now am looking forward to spending the weekend with my Dad & family...I was just thinking how it will be nice to have other adults over night in a house with me (that is probably one of my least favorite things when Ryan is gone). And think that Maisie will enjoy some extra quality time with Grandpa.
My day today also didn't go as planned, but that was a good thing. My friend Sarah K called me this morning and invited me to join her & a couple of the other play-date moms at the zoo for the morning. And part of me was thinking that I should probably stay home and get the packing done plus some cleaning done (I like to leave on trips with the house clean, but learning to let that one go a bit now that I have an active 11-month old)...
...but the bigger & likely smarter part of me agreed to go. I needed the adult company, needed to hang out with some friends, plus knew that it would be a much better morning for Maisie than hanging out at home (she loves the zoo, and today got to enjoy the petting zoo for the first time). So the house isn't all that clean and I am finishing up the packing to-do list a little later than hoped, but it was definitely worth it.
And now am looking forward to spending the weekend with my Dad & family...I was just thinking how it will be nice to have other adults over night in a house with me (that is probably one of my least favorite things when Ryan is gone). And think that Maisie will enjoy some extra quality time with Grandpa.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home