Cooperina's Spot

August 19, 2008

Asian Chicken Salad & Others

Ok, thinking that I should probably blog...otherwise my readers might think that I have actually gone into labor. Nope, not yet -- though I / my body is feeling a bit off this morning which my sister-in-law tells me was her sign that labor was about to get started. And I did follow her advice and eat the Asian Chicken Salad at Applebees (a not so old wives tale) yesterday when we had lunch together.

But it might also be that I woke up at 3am and was unable to get back to sleep -- mostly due to these BH contractions that I keep having...they are a good sign that my body is getting ready for labor, but they are starting to get a bit annoying as I am kind of wishing they would start becoming painful (uncomfortable would probably be the best word to describe them) and be the real thing. How goofy-sounding is that? :) I might rethink that thought when the labor pains actually do hit, but partly doubt it as that would mean our little Maisie is almost here.

Some of the other recommendations for inducing labor (w/out medical assistance) that I have heard include:

(1) Walking...which I have been doing, but not brave enough to walk around the zoo by myself (not a place that I want my water to break at). Plus, it is August and can't get my 9-month pregnant body inspired to walk those hills. So have been sticking to walking around the block and quick errands.

(2) Castor Oil...a dear friend recently recommended per her aunt who is a mid-wife. This is probably quite effective, but the side effects & reasons that it works have kept me from attempting this one...the Big D, nausea, vomiting, etc. Yikes! And think of my poor doctor and husband (plus also heard there is a chance it might affect the baby as well).

(3) Sex...this is a family-friendly blog, so "nuff said".

(4) And in keeping the family-friendly spirit, can't share the next one either...but if you really want to know, you will just have to ask my Smom (or my Dad, if you want to see him turn pink).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home