Cooperina's Spot

July 09, 2008

We Have Carpet!

Ryan put in the carpet for our nearly finished basement family room this morning, and it is awesome to see it all coming together. He actually brought it in yesterday afternoon and had it in the room, so I kind of got an idea last night of what it was going to look like when he completed it. Not that I don't love our hardwood floors throughout the rest of the house, but definitely going to be fun to have one room with carpet -- I was so enamored with it yesterday that I had to go down twice to walk around barefoot on it (once when I first got home and then again right before we headed up for bed).

We (or more accurately, mostly Ryan) still need to get all the furniture & other stuff moved & organized in it, as well as in some of the upstairs rooms which are losing/gaining furniture (including our living room which is now TV-less! and now also contains all 3 pieces of our couch / loveseat / chair set), but within the next couple days, should have some pics to share. And other good news is that means Maisie's room will be next -- I wouldn't mind having that for a fun weekend project.

But must admit it is a little weird to have a new room in our house...after all, how often do you receive an extra/new room in your home? One day it wasn't there (or wasn't really usable), and the next day, you got a new place to hang out in! Thanks sweetie, I am so proud of him -- he worked really hard on this and for the most part did it all largely himself from start to finish. Ain't he neat? (think I am quoting a fun line from American Graffiti but it has been a few years since I have watched, so forgive me if totally off...my Dad will probably know).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home