Yes, Another Cold
Sitting here, fighting a wonderful cold (as I have been for the last few days...it never fails, the person with the cold always ends up in my cube needing IRI help) and thought I would make some time to put down a quick blog. It has been a few days, but as you can imagine, with my cold, nothing that exciting to report. Friday evening was kind of a downer as we attended a farewell party for one of my coworkers who had been let go earlier in the week.
He has been there since I started working there, so it is weird to think about not seeing him there anymore. It ended up being 19 years for him, so know definitely has to be so very hard on him, having to say good-bye and now needing to find a new start somewhere else. He was definitely one of the good guys there, with lots of heart and character...and know that I did not do a sufficient job with the words that I spoke to him that night.
Ryan is out playing volleyball right now, so I am just sitting here on the couch waiting for The Amazing Race to start (Go Cho Brothers!). He plays volleyball most Sunday nights with some of the men from the Afghan community here in o-town. It is an enjoyable couple of hours for him, but usually pretty worn out by the end...those guys are really good and take their volleyball quite seriously. I sometimes head over to Terra Nova (our 18-30's group at church), but lately haven't been able to attend too frequently. Tonight is due to my cold, but some nights, I just make the decision to spend a quiet night at home instead.
But other weekends, a night at Terra Nova is an even more awesome way to start my week, particularly the time of worship. Since it has been a couple weeks since I have been, I am hoping to be there next Sunday evening...great way to end a wonderful 4 day weekend.
He has been there since I started working there, so it is weird to think about not seeing him there anymore. It ended up being 19 years for him, so know definitely has to be so very hard on him, having to say good-bye and now needing to find a new start somewhere else. He was definitely one of the good guys there, with lots of heart and character...and know that I did not do a sufficient job with the words that I spoke to him that night.
Ryan is out playing volleyball right now, so I am just sitting here on the couch waiting for The Amazing Race to start (Go Cho Brothers!). He plays volleyball most Sunday nights with some of the men from the Afghan community here in o-town. It is an enjoyable couple of hours for him, but usually pretty worn out by the end...those guys are really good and take their volleyball quite seriously. I sometimes head over to Terra Nova (our 18-30's group at church), but lately haven't been able to attend too frequently. Tonight is due to my cold, but some nights, I just make the decision to spend a quiet night at home instead.
But other weekends, a night at Terra Nova is an even more awesome way to start my week, particularly the time of worship. Since it has been a couple weeks since I have been, I am hoping to be there next Sunday evening...great way to end a wonderful 4 day weekend.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home